2017: The year in mining
Multinational professional services firm Deloitte’s annual report Tracking the Trends 2017 discusses the top 10 trends that mining companies will face this year
Deloitte’s top 10 mining trends for 2017
1. UNDERSTANDING THE DRIVERS OF SHAREHOLDER VALUE
Miners seek a balance between financial discipline and growth.
2. UNLOCKING PRODUCTIVITY IMPROVEMENT
Focus shifts to becoming serial innovators.
3. OPERATING IN AN ECOSYSTEM
Collaboration will drive the industry forward.
4. THE DIGITAL REVOLUTION
Mining starts to reinvent the future.
5. MAPPING THE THREAT LANDSCAPE
Cybersecurity concerns accelerate.
6. CREATING A SHARED VISION FOR THE SECTOR
Using compliance as a source of competitive advantage.
7. RE-EARNING THE SOCIAL LICENCE TO OPERATE
Environmental sustainability and energy management move into sharper focus.
8. SUPPORTING STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
Miners transform their operating models.
9. CREATING HEALTHY AND INCLUSIVE WORKFORCES
Prioritizing wellness and diversity.
10. ADOPTING AN INTEGRATED APPROACH
Demands for greater disclosure and transparency.